Svalbard, Lofoten & Bear Island: Quest
Norway & Svalbard
Join us on an expedition cruise along the dramatic coastline and magnificent fjords of northern Norway, via the seldom visited Bear Island to the pearl of the Arctic: Svalbard. It is a busy time of the year. The sea eagles are frequenting Lofoten and the impressive cliffs of Bear Island are teeming with tens of thousands of birds. Svalbard greets us with a breathtaking landscape, glittering ice, snow covered mountain tops, midnight sun and magnificent wildlife
- Sail on board a modern expedition ship with a small number of fellow travellers
- Dramatic coastline and magnificent fjords of northern Norway
- Picturesque fishing communities, UNESCO World Heritage listed
- Remote Bear Island with cliffs teeming with tens of thousands of birds
- Birdlife including sea eagles, vast numbers of kittiwakes and guillemots
- Early summer pack-ice in Svalbard with chances to see polar bears, walrus and whales
Early Booking Offer 2022Book any Svalbard expedition with M/S Quest in 2022 by the 30th of April 2021 at the latest and get a USD 300 discount per person! Risk-free booking policy until 20 May 2021!
A rare and wonderful combination - magnificent Norway with Svalbard during the peak of the bird season. Not to be missed!
OverviewJoin us on an expedition cruise along the dramatic coastline and magnificent fjords of northern Norway, via the seldom visited Bear Island to the pearl of the Arctic: Svalbard. It is a busy time of the year. The sea eagles are frequenting Lofoten and the impressive cliffs of Bear Island are teeming with tens of thousands of birds. Svalbard greets us with a breathtaking landscape, glittering ice, snow covered mountain tops, midnight sun and magnificent wildlife.
Expedition Vessel: Quest
The expedition ship Quest (formerly M/S Sea Endurance) was built in Denmark in 1992 to serve as a ferry on Greenland`s west coast. In 2004/2005 she was completely refurbished and now has a career as a small and comfortable expedition ship. Quest takes 53 passengers in 26 cabins, all with sea-view and private facilities. Travelling with this small expedition ship offers a more relaxed and informal atmosphere and a much greater focus on the destination than is the case with larger vessels.
In the dining room you are treated to delicious meals in between landings and in the panorama lounge you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the surrounding landscape. Here you can listen to entertaining lectures on the area's flora, fauna and history. In the lounge you also find a well-stocked bar and a small library. The ship has spacious observation decks where you can enjoy the beautiful vistas and search for exciting wildlife.
The triple cabins on deck three have upper and lower berths. All other cabins have two lower berths or a double bed. In your cabin you also find a desk with chair and storage space for clothes and equipment. The superior cabins on deck three and four are spacious and have a separate sitting area and TV/DVD. The Owner's cabin, next to the Captain`s cabin, on deck four has a double bed, two large picture windows, a small sitting area and TV/DVD.
- 9 nights on board the Sea Endurance
- all meals
- an experienced Expedition Leader and knowledgeable guides
- lectures on board and ashore
- all excursions by Zodiac
- illustrated post-expedition log
- Flights to Bodø and from Longyearbyen
- travel and cancellation insurance
- customary gratuity to the ship’s crew
- personal expenses such as bar and shop charges.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!