Spitsbergen Explorer: Ultramarine
If there is such a thing as a “classic Arctic” expedition cruise, this is it. You’ll get all the best of Spitsbergen, by exploring the western edge of the island and venturing to some northern outlying areas home to polar bears and Walrus. You’ll come across colonies of seabirds numbering into the thousands and watch for whales in the water. Packed with options for snowshoeing and sea-kayaking, this is the perfect expedition for exploring the “wildlife capital of the Arctic"
- Unique Arctic wildlife – Polar bears, walrus, reindeer
- Exploring the Polar desert
- Continuous daylight
- Tundra hiking
- Zodiac cruising
- Optional kayak adventure on select expeditions
Early Booking Discount
Book before May 31, 2022 and Save 10% for Standard* cabins (excludes triple or solo cabins) or 15% for Premium** cabins - Use Promocode XXQ10 or XXQ15.
- Save additional 15% if paid in full within 30 days of departure (contact us for details)
A 10 night Svalbard expedition allowing plenty of time to explore the absolute jewel of the High Arctic!
OverviewIf there is such a thing as a “classic Arctic” expedition cruise, this is it. You’ll get all the best of Spitsbergen, by exploring the western edge of the island and venturing to some northern outlying areas home to polar bears and Walrus. You’ll come across colonies of seabirds numbering into the thousands and watch for whales in the water. Packed with options for snowshoeing and sea-kayaking, this is the perfect expedition for exploring the “wildlife capital of the Arctic".
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Luxury Expedition Vessel: Ultramarine
Ultramarine, is designed to go beyond the familiar in polar exploration, to discover new places, and to immerse you in the best the region has to offer. Equipped with two twin-engine helicopters, Ultramarine offers the most robust portfolio of adventure activities in the industry, the most spacious suites in its category, breathtaking public spaces, and more outdoor wildlife viewing spaces than other expedition ships its size. It also features an innovative mix of sustainability features that exceed all industry standards. With all this and more, Ultramarine is set to deliver the ultimate polar expedition experience - voyages start in 2021!
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks on board throughout your voyage
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- A daily program of lectures by noted naturalists
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and Special
- Guests as scheduled
- Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- An official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- A selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive pre-departure materials, including a map and an informative
- Arctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard ship
- Arrival transfer from Longyearbyen airport to your hotel if you arrive one day prior to embarkation
- On embarkation day transfer from your hotel or Longyearbyen airport to the ship
- On disembarkation day group transfer from the ship to airport or local designated drop-off location
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of US$100,000 per person
- Mandatory Transfer Package from Oslo
- Arrival and departure transfers in Oslo
- International airfare
- Passport and any applicable visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption, and medical travel insurance
- Excess baggage charges
- Laundry and other personal charges
- Telecommunications charges
- The voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Any overnight accommodation required due to flight connections
- Optional sea-kayaking activities
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!