South Georgia & Antarctica Penguin Safari: Ultramarine
Antarctica & South Georgia
Explore Ushuaia prior to embarkation and sail down the spectacular Beagle Channel. Photograph massive albatross and pintado petrel as they soar around the ship, guiding us toward South Georgia. Beaches teeming with king penguins and elephant seals greet us, where we pay respects to famed explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton. Antarctica awaits, with its overwhelming enormity. Relax on a Zodiac ride, hike glistening glaciers, share comical moments with inquisitive penguins, or witness the rugged peninsula from a sea kayak. Antarctica will surprise and delight, and never disappoint
- Explore the Antarctic Peninsula by ship, Zodiac and on foot;
- Learn about unique geology, history and wildlife with an expert team of lecturers;
- See the incredible wildlife of South Georgia, including 30 breeding bird species and four penguin species;
- Follow in the footsteps of Shackleton on South Georgia and pause for a moment at his graveside;
- Explore quaint Port Stanley in the Falklands;
- Take an optional kayaking excursion; and
- Lectures and educational presentations from Polar Specialists.
Early Booking Savings 2021:
Dec 08–Dec 23, 2021 - Standard
cabins save 25%, Premium cabins save 30% - use Promocode EBB25 or EBB30
Early Booking Savings 2022/23:All twin cabins and suites save 15% - use Promocode EBB15
Save an extra 10% (2021-22) or 15% (2022-23), if full payment is received no later than 30 days after the booking is confirmed. Contact us for details!
The fastest way to get to seldom visited South Georgia Island while also setting foot on the 7th continent!
OverviewExplore Ushuaia prior to embarkation and sail down the spectacular Beagle Channel. Photograph massive albatross and pintado petrel as they soar around the ship, guiding us toward South Georgia. Beaches teeming with king penguins and elephant seals greet us, where we pay respects to famed explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton. Antarctica awaits, with its overwhelming enormity. Relax on a Zodiac ride, hike glistening glaciers, share comical moments with inquisitive penguins, or witness the rugged peninsula from a sea kayak. Antarctica will surprise and delight, and never disappoint.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Luxury Expedition Vessel: Ultramarine
Ultramarine, is designed to go beyond the familiar in polar exploration, to discover new places, and to immerse you in the best the region has to offer. Equipped with two twin-engine helicopters, Ultramarine offers the most robust portfolio of adventure activities in the industry, the most spacious suites in its category, breathtaking public spaces, and more outdoor wildlife viewing spaces than other expedition ships its size. It also features an innovative mix of sustainability features that exceed all industry standards. With all this and more, Ultramarine is set to deliver the ultimate polar expedition experience - voyages start in 2021!
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners on board throughout your voyage.
- All shore landings per the daily program. Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader.
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program. Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled.
- Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage. A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings. An official Quark Expeditions parka to keep. Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock.
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin. Comprehensive pre-departure materials, including a map and an informative Antarctic Reader.
- Group transfers upon disembarkation.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- All luggage handling aboard ship.
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $100,000 per person.
- Any airfare unless otherwise specified in the itinerary.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel before embarkation
- Baggage, cancellation and medical travel insurance.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified.
- Telecommunications charges.
- The voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew.
- Optional kayaking activities.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!