Northwest Passage to Ellesmere and Axel Heiberg Islands
Showcasing the region’s cultural, historic and geographic treasures, this expedition approaches the farthest stretches of this rugged, rarely visited landscape. Ultramarine’s unprecedented range of adventure options, including activities such as helicopter flightseeing, gives you an unrivalled polar experience. Look for wildlife at home in this forbidding region: sea mammals, polar bears, muskox, and possibly even the elusive arctic wolf. From soaring cliffs to mummified forests, spectacular glacial formations to stunning alpine vistas, this expedition provides a definitive Arctic experience
- Search for iconic arctic wildlife, such as polar bears, muskoxen, walrus and whales
- Follow in the footsteps of famous explorers like Franklin and Amundsen
- Eight full days exploring the Canadian Arctic
- Onboard helicopters for unparalleled access and sightseeing
- Cruise in a Zodiac to explore icebergs, glaciers, fjords and more
- Immerse yourself in the icy realm of the Arctic with optional kayaking adventures
In the footsteps of Legends...
Remote and rich in history, the Canadian High Arctic is as awe inspiring as it is informative. Your days spent exploring this mysterious region will have you traveling back in time to the Age of Exploration. While following in the wake of famous explorers like Sir John Franklin and Roald Amundsen, you’ll navigate the waters and visit the historic sites in the area around Lancaster Sound that were key to the discovery of the Northwest Passage. You’ll also learn about the scientific, cultural, geopolitical and environmental aspects of the route from our world-class experts, guides and the local communities. Reaching remote lands that have lured adventurers for centuries will be an experience you’ll never forget.
2021 departure: Save 10% for Standard cabins* (excludes Triples or sole use) or 20% for Premium cabins** - Use Promocode EBB10 or EBB20.
2022 departure: Book before May 31, 2021 and save 10% for Standard cabins* (excludes Triples or sole use) or 15% for Premium cabins** - Use Promocode XXQ10 or XXQ15.
- Save additional 15% if paid in full within 30 days of departure (contact us for details).
A mysterious, magical region few ever get to see!
OverviewShowcasing the region’s cultural, historic and geographic treasures, this expedition approaches the farthest stretches of this rugged, rarely visited landscape. Ultramarine’s unprecedented range of adventure options, including activities such as helicopter flightseeing, gives you an unrivalled polar experience. Look for wildlife at home in this forbidding region: sea mammals, polar bears, muskox, and possibly even the elusive arctic wolf. From soaring cliffs to mummified forests, spectacular glacial formations to stunning alpine vistas, this expedition provides a definitive Arctic experience.
- One night’s pre-expedition hotel accommodation in Toronto
- Group transfer from the Toronto hotel to the airport on Day
- Charter ﬂights between Toronto and Resolute
- Group transfers between the Resolute airport and the ship
- Group transfer from Toronto airport to the hotel on disembarkation day
- One night’s post-expedition hotel accommodation in Toronto
Luxury Expedition Vessel: Ultramarine
Ultramarine, is designed to go beyond the familiar in polar exploration, to discover new places, and to immerse you in the best the region has to offer. Equipped with two twin-engine helicopters, Ultramarine offers the most robust portfolio of adventure activities in the industry, the most spacious suites in its category, breathtaking public spaces, and more outdoor wildlife viewing spaces than other expedition ships its size. It also features an innovative mix of sustainability features that exceed all industry standards. With all this and more, Ultramarine is set to deliver the ultimate polar expedition experience - voyages start in 2021!
- Leadership throughout your voyage by experienced Expedition Leaders, including shore landings and other activities
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All meals, snacks, soft drinks and juices on board throughout your voyage (Please inform us of any dietary requirements as far in advance as possible. Unfortunately, the ships’ galleys cannot prepare kosher meals.)
- Beer and wine during dinner; and coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled
- A photographic journal documenting the expedition
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for landings and Zodiac cruising excursions
- An official Expedition parka to keep
- Complimentary reusable water bottle
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- Emergency Evacuation insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $500,000 per person
- Greenland voyages cruise passenger tax
- Mandatory Transfer Package*
- International airfare
- Arrival and departure transfers, except where listed in the Mandatory Transfer Package
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Adventure Options not listed in Included Activities
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!