North Pole Ultimate Arctic: 50 Years of Victory
Russian Arctic North Pole
To reach the North Pole is the pinnacle of Arctic expedition endeavours. Few people can say they stood at the one earthly spot where every direction is south. Crushing through the ice, admiring soaring seabirds and visiting Franz Josef Land, your voyage will be one that you won’t soon forget. The added excitement of helicopter excursions and an optional hot air balloon ride at the top of the world make this adventure a true once-in-a-lifetime experience!
- Top of the World 90° N
- Nuclear-powered icebreaker, 50 Years of Victory
- Optional aerial sightseeing by hot air balloon
- Zodiac cruising
- Franz Josef Land wildlife and wildflowers
I travelled alone and met so many diverse and interesting passengers on board. It truly was a magical experience from start to finish.
Be one of only the very few people to have stood at the Top of the World!
OverviewTo reach the North Pole is the pinnacle of Arctic expedition endeavours. Few people can say they stood at the one earthly spot where every direction is south. Crushing through the ice, admiring soaring seabirds and visiting Franz Josef Land, your voyage will be one that you won’t soon forget. The added excitement of helicopter excursions and an optional hot air balloon ride at the top of the world make this adventure a true once-in-a-lifetime experience.
ICEBREAKER: 50 YEARS OF VICTORY
Twenty years in the making, 50 Years of Victory is the first Arktika-class icebreaker to have a spoon-shaped bow, capable of breaking through ice up to 2.5 metres (9.2 feet) thick! This is the world’s largest, most-powerful nuclear icebreaker. Complete with a helicopter for shore excursions, Victory is a ship unlike any other, with the ability to go where other ships cannot. Onboard you hardly feel a thing. Absolutely unforgettable is the sound of mammoth slabs of ice colliding with the hull! An onboard helicopter extends the vessels ability to reach ice-locked, remote Arctic islands en route from the North Pole.
- 1 night pre & post expedition hotel accommodation in Helsinki, Finland
- Day 2 group transfer from Helsinki hotel to airport
- Day 2 group transfer from Murmansk airport to ship
- Shipboard accommodation with housekeeping.
- Shipboard breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
- Shore landings included in daily program
- Group helicopter transfers and sightseeing flights included in the daily program
- Professional Expedition Leadership.
- All Zodiac excursions and transfers.
- Formal and informal educational presentations by the Expedition Team.
- Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage.
- The loan of a pair of waterproof boots for the duration of the voyage.
- An official parka to keep.
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock.
- Hair dryer and bathrobes in each cabin.
- Group transfer from the ship to the Murmansk airport.
- Group transfer from Helsinki airport to the hotel.
- Comprehensive pre-departure package including a meticulously researched Arctic Reader and map
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- All shipboard luggage handling.
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance to a maximum benefit of $100,000 per person.
- All Zodiac excursions and transfers included in the daily program
- Complimentary wine, beer, liquor and soft drinks at the bar and with meals
- Airfare to and from your hometown
- Charter flights Helsinki/Murmask/Helsinki $1750
- Helicopter flying time in excess of that offered for the group.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Meals ashore, other than the breakfasts included with the hotel accommodation.
- Baggage, cancellation and medical travel insurance.
- Excess baggage charges. Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges.
- Shipboard and land telecommunication fees.
- Voyage-end gratuities for Crew, Hospitality and Expedition Team members
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!