Introduction to Spitsbergen: Ocean Adventurer
This voyage provides the opportunity to experience everything Spitsbergen has to offer, from polar bears and walrus to spectacular scenery. Aboard the luxurious Sea Adventurer, you’ll be treated to daily presentations by your Expedition Team onboard the ship and daily wildlife sightings on land. Hike, explore and enjoy the beauty of the Arctic on your visit to Svalbard
- Unique Arctic wildlife – polar bears, walrus, reindeer
- Continuous daylight
- Tundra hiking
- Zodiac cruising
- Optional kayak adventure on selected expeditions
Early Booking Bonus
All 2022 departures: Book before March 31, 2021 and save 15% for Standard cabins* (excludes Triples) and 20% for Premium cabins** - Use Promocode XXQ15 or XXQ20.
- Save additional 10% if paid in full prior to 31 Mar 2021 (contact us for details).
- Repeating passengers enjoy an additional 5% discount.
The Sea Adventurer provides a classy and perfect introduction to the jewel of the Arctic - Svalbard.
OverviewThis voyage provides the opportunity to experience everything Spitsbergen has to offer, from polar bears and walrus to spectacular scenery. Aboard the luxurious Sea Adventurer, you’ll be treated to daily presentations by your Expedition Team onboard the ship and daily wildlife sightings on land. Hike, explore and enjoy the beauty of the Arctic on your visit to Svalbard.
Luxury Expedition Ship M/S Ocean Adventurer
This Polar Adventure Ship formerly known as Sea Adventurer was built in 1975. She underwent a $13 million conversion in 1998 and again in 2017. Her proud reputation is complimented by her well-appointed, elegance. Ocean Adventurer is the perfect expedition ship for people who enjoy soft adventures and creature comforts. Ocean Adventurer is equipped with Zodiacs for shore landings and ocean level cruising, yet offers fine dining, and cabins with exterior views and facilities en suite.
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks on board throughout your voyage
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- A daily program of lectures by noted naturalists
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and Special
- Guests as scheduled
- Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- An official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- A selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive pre-departure materials, including a map and an informative
- Arctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard ship
- Arrival transfer from Longyearbyen airport to your hotel if you arrive one day prior to embarkation
- On embarkation day transfer from your hotel or Longyearbyen airport to the ship
- On disembarkation day group transfer from the ship to airport or local designated drop-off location
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of US$100,000 per person
- International airfare
- Passport and any applicable visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption, and medical travel insurance
- Excess baggage charges
- Laundry and other personal charges
- Telecommunications charges
- The voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Any overnight accommodation required due to flight connections
- Optional sea-kayaking activities
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!