Atlantic Odyssey - M/V Janssonius
The Atlantic Odyssey offers a unique possibility to visit several of the remotest islands in the world. Besides marvellous South Georgia, the Atlantic Odyssey visits Tristan da Cunha and St. Helena. Beautiful and often rare species live on these islands, many of them not found anywhere else in the world. Isolated local communities can also be visited. An extension is available to Ascension and to Praia, Cape Verde
- Visit the remotest islands in the world
- See where Napoleon lived
- A journey from the Antarctic to the tropics
- Observe unprecedented abundance of wildlife
- South Georgia
- Tristan da Cunha
- Gough Island
- St Helena
- Ascension Island
- combinable with previous voyage to Antarctica
- extend to Cape Verde
See Antarctica as well!
Combine with the previous Antarctica voyage of the Janssonius for a truly comprehensive itinerary of the Antarctic and South Atlantic. See link below. Special Combination Pricing available - contact us for details!
Extend to Cape Verde
Book also this extension voyage to take you onwards via Ascension Island to Cape Verde for a disembarkation in Praia - contact us for details!
An unique and epic expedition for those who love remote and undiscovered places. Seldom-visited islands and wonderful possibilities to see bird and marine life.
OverviewThe Atlantic Odyssey offers a unique possibility to visit several of the remotest islands in the world. Besides marvellous South Georgia, the Atlantic Odyssey visits Tristan da Cunha and St. Helena. Beautiful and often rare species live on these islands, many of them not found anywhere else in the world. Isolated local communities can also be visited. An extension is available to Ascension and to Praia, Cape Verde.
New Expedition Vessel: M/V Janssonius
A completely new vessel for 2021, Janssonius will be the strongest ice- strengthened vessel in the Polar Regions and will be equipped with stabilizers, and very suitable for advanced, innovative exploratory quality voyages in the Arctic and Antarctic Regions.
Janssonius offers deluxe accommodations for in total 170 passengers. One
deck has been entirely reserved for (multi-language) lectures and
presentations in one large observation lounge and in addition one
separate lecture room. The vessel offers a deluxe standard and at the
same time a distinctive cozy and informal atmosphere.
The philosophy is to keep sea legs short and to focus on fast and
effective access to shore and near shore activities for all nature and
wildlife minded passengers. A powerful fleet of zodiacs will guarantee
quality outings and swift landing operation for all passengers at the
same time. Our main focus remains discovery, taking advantage of
wildlife opportunities and the related shore activities, a product
that has been very much appreciated by our current travelers for many
years. A speedy zodiac embarkation is guaranteed with two separate
gangways and in addition a zodiac embarkation indoor-platform which
can also be used for special outdoor activities such as kayaking.
While cruising, 72 crew and staff members (including expedition and
hotel staff) will be at the passengers’ service. Janssonius is equipped
with 2 main engines and can reach a maximum speed of 15 knots.
- Voyage aboard the designated vessel as indicated in the itinerary.
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea.
- Free use of rubber boots and snowshoes.
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac.
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
- Any airfare whether on scheduled or charter flights.
- Pre- and post land arrangements.
- Transfers to the vessel.
- Passport and visa expenses. Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Meals ashore.
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is strongly recommended).
- Excess baggage charges.
- All items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).
- Possible fuel surcharges; It is agreed that if world fuel prices will reach or exceed US Dollar 90 per Barrel Brent 90 days prior to departure Oceanwide Expeditions reserves the right to levy a fuel surcharge of US $ 400 per passenger for bookings outside Europe and EURO 300 per passenger for bookings within Europe, to be paid by the contracting party of Oceanwide Expeditions.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!